Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Journey Begins.

I wanted to make a blog about Yarn-bombing since it is my most recently discovered craft form. 

For those of you who don't know what Yarn-bombing is, the concept is fairly easy. This is perfect for any crafter with extra scraps or for the ever looming, half finished, long forgotten project haunting you from your closet. 
Basically what Yarn Bombing is is you take swatches of knit and 'graffiti' random, boring, everyday items in society; ex) light posts, bus stop rails, chain fences, doorknobs.
The affect transforms something that is usually ordinary and adds some individuality to it. 

I came across the concept while I was visiting a bookstore and was intrigued by the cover of a book. The book was called "Yarn Bombing" by Mandy Moore and Leanne Prain. 
From that moment on it was decided that this new "rebellious" hobby was just what a stifled housewife needed.  

As this wave of  inspiration started at Chapters I decided to Yarn-bomb them first.





No comments:

Post a Comment